Atlanta Gifted Academy Admissions
We are thrilled that you are considering Atlanta Gifted Academy for your gifted child’s education. Our admission process is an opportunity for us to get to know one another. We offer enrollment to students and families who will benefit from and will be enriched by all the possibilities our school community offers. Atlanta Gifted Academy is about more than academics. At Atlanta Gifted Academy relationships are built that last a lifetime; with other students, faculty, and the larger community. Below you will find a step-by-step guide to our admissions process. Please contact us at any time if you have questions, by calling (770) 726-0123. We look forward to welcoming you and your child into the Atlanta Gifted Academy family!
Atlanta Gifted Academy is a unique private school specifically designed to meet the needs of gifted students. It is strongly recommended that applicants have their gifted records
Atlanta Gifted Academy is looking for bright students who…
- Score 130 or above on accepted intelligence tests.
- Perform at an academic level above grade level in all subjects.
- Exhibit superior intellectual development and academic achievement.
- Demonstrate motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment.
All Required Application Materials
To be considered for admission to AGA’s Pre-Kindergarten-5th Grade Program, each prospective student should submit:
The following tests are accepted as part of the application process.
All applicants are required to submit a full score report from AT LEAST ONE of the following tests.
IQ TESTS (Administered during the past five years)
|Test Name||Score Guidelines|
|Stanford-Binet V (SB-V or SB-5)||Standard score of 130 or greater for Full Scale|
|Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – IV (WISC IV)||Standard score of 130 or greater for Full Scale|
|Differential Abilities Scale (DAS-II)||Standard Score of 130 or greater General Conceptual Ability or Nonverbal Reasoning|
- Completed Application.
- Student Portfolio: Submit 2-5 examples of student work (in any subject area) that demonstrate the applicant’s creativity, skills, and
enthusiasm for learning.
- Teacher Letter of Recommendation: Ask your child’s teacher to submit a brief narrative detailing his or her experiences with your child. The letter should be mailed or emailed directly to AGA.
- Student Records: For students entering grades k-8, please request that your child’s school submit current student transcripts, as well as standardized test scores directly to AGA.
- Non-refundable application fee of $85.
AGA maintains a wait list for each school year, and follows a rolling admissions process for new student openings.
AGA is excited and honored to partner with families who value the unique strengths and abilities of their gifted children, who embrace their role as globally-minded citizens, and who have demonstrated a lifetime commitment to education and learning.
Step 1: Apply
Step 2: Tour the Campus
Experience the Atlanta Gifted Academy difference. Observe the students at work in the classrooms and at play in the school park. Witness firsthand how the teachers and staff interact with students with kindness and genuine care, as they are all part of the Atlanta Gifted Academy family.
Step 3: Interview
An interview will be scheduled for your child with the teaching staff. Admittance for Primary students is contingent upon the child being independent in the bathroom, test results and upon school readiness, which is determined by the interviewing teacher. The admission staff will meet with you for the parent interview.
Step 4: Get Started
When the test results and other information are received, the AGA’s Admissions Committee reviews the separate sections of the tests, parent information forms, and any other pertinent information before making a placement recommendation. We will then contact the parents with the decision made about the admission.