WHAT WE BELIEVE
GIFTED CHILDREN ARE IN THE EXTREME RANGE OF INTELLECTUAL NEEDS, THEY ARE OFTEN UNDERSERVED BY SCHOOLS, WHICH MUST FOCUS ON THEIR CORE MISSION OF SERVING THE MAJORITY OF THEIR STUDENT POPULATION. THE MISSION OF ATLANTA GIFTED ACADEMY IS TO PROVIDE GIFTED YOUNG PEOPLE AN ADVANCED EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY MATCHED TO THEIR ABILITIES, STRENGTHS AND INTERESTS.
The goals of Atlanta Gifted Academy
- To provide a Personalized Learning Plan (PLP) that appropriately challenges each student’s abilities allowing her/him to engage in learning opportunities at a pace and depth consistent with the student’s knowledge, skills and personal motivations.
- To allow students the opportunity to develop their talents and skills at an advanced level and be supported by teachers, professors and other experts in their fields of interest.
- To provide students an opportunity to learn with intellectual peers.
- To provide students a learning environment that fosters honesty, integrity, personal responsibility, conscientious citizenship, excellence, understanding and an appreciation of individual differences, along with respect for others.
- To encourage students to develop their talents, abilities and leadership skills in positive ways while in pursuit of knowledge.
- To engage parents in the learning process and provide opportunities for understanding and nurturing their children.